For the past week we have been posting updates and resources about Florence in the U.S. First Responders Association’s Disaster Preparedness Group for those being impacted by the storm along the east coast and inland. (And our apologies for not sharing this here sooner!)
Florence made landfall near Wrightsville Beach, NC at 0715 ET on 14-Sep-2018 and moving W about 6 mph (9 km/h). A west to WSW motion expected thru Sat bringing LOTS of rain, winds + a few possible tornadoes.
Download a free 59-pg portion of IT’S A DISASTER! book (in PDF) with tips on preparing for hurricanes, floods, evacuations, assembling disaster kits, making a family plan & more courtesy of USFRA and Fedhealth.
And visit USFRA.org’s Florence Updates and resources post to find information and links about…
- Latest updates from National Hurricane Center and others;
- USFRA posts about hurricanes, floods, evacuations, winds, generator safety, and more;
- State web links, apps and resources for NC, SC, GA and VA (more will be added as storm moves inland);
- Pets and Large animals/livestock tips;
- FEMA, National Hurricane Center & Weather resources;
- Disaster Assistance and Recovery efforts will be added in coming days/weeks/months as things progress.
Families, business owners, responders and volunteers can find above and more about Florence here.
And consider joining USFRA.org to find & share knowledge and expertise on training, tactics, safety, education and community outreach as it pertains to first responders, EMs, active duty military, veterans, volunteers and others.
Stay safe out there, j & B