Since 1999 we (Bill and Janet Liebsch) have worked with city, county, state and federal agencies, businesses, nonprofits and others across North America providing our custom It’s A Disaster! books in bulk for their respective communities.
And, for the past few years, we’ve been offering our revenue sharing ideas associated with the larger custom book option (i.e. adding 48 to 288+ extra pages for advertisements, etc.)
Many clients want to do large custom book projects for their communities, but more often than not, coordinators are too busy to take on this type of project … or, in some cases, they aren’t allowed to ~ esp. agency coordinators.
So … we recently formed a new consulting company called Fedhealth Services Corp to help facilitate and manage custom book projects that will benefit local emergency management and first responder agencies, nonprofits, businesses and the general public at large.
FSC can help your community
Basically any agency, CERT, MRC, VOAD, nonprofit or other contact can provide FSC some key contacts in their community (e.g. Chambers, Rotary Clubs, Kiwanis, LEPC chairs, EM coordinators, etc.), and we can reach out to them on that coordinator’s behalf and help manage a bulk custom book deal.
FSC can work directly with Chambers, Rotary Clubs or other business groups encouraging members to place ads inside books for pennies on the dollar. The goal is to offer discounts and freebies to local residents helping them save money year round.
The money raised can purchase custom books PLUS we will share revenue back with Chambers and other business groups / partners, local first responders and project coordinators.
We can also work with local emergency and city/county officials to ensure their preparedness messages, plans and other data for residents and businesses are included in custom books.
For example, let’s say a small city or county wants 5,000 customized books using 250 pages for coupons and discounts for the public + 50 pages for local emergency information wrapped around our 266-page disaster preparedness and first aid manual.
And the coordinator refers FSC to a local Chamber and their members pay only 16 cents per page (less than a postcard) for a color ad on glossy paper.
That means the total cost to advertisers would be $800 for a full page color ad (or $400 for 1/2 pg, $200 for 1/4 pg, or only $100 for 1/8 pg ad) that appears in all 5,000 books. Plus the Chamber (and others) will make money for helping put this deal together!
In other words… 5,000 books with 250 pages of color ads @ $0.16 per page could generate:
Benefits for Chambers and other partners
Chambers and other business groups who work with FSC on a custom book project can…
- Earn revenue back from members’ ad purchases = new profit center;
- Brand book project as a Chamber (or Rotary, etc.) sponsored whole community preparedness savings program;
- Help fund your local first responders and emergency managers;
- Promote Chamber (or Rotary Club, etc.) on a free page or 2 in book;
- Recruit new members by offering a discount on annual dues if they purchase an ad;
- Encourage members to offer discounts and freebies on day-to-day products and services;
- Generate excitement in the community since people will save so much money they will want a new book every year;
- Become a hero to your members for being involved in something so beneficial to the community and so affordable ~ especially since books and ads stay in front of people year-round. And, by offering extremely discounted ad rates as shown above, it allows all sizes of businesses to participate.
FSC can structure projects and donations back to the various groups in whatever manner works best for each community and partner.
It’s a true Whole Community public-private partnership program that generously funds nonprofits, agencies, volunteer groups, civic clubs and others while helping our nation become more prepared and resilient.
Learn more at www.fedhealthsc.com or download & share a 2-page PDF handout or call FSC at 520-907-2153 to plan out a book project for YOUR community … and let’s make a difference together!
Note: FSC will donate a portion of all proceeds to the U.S. First Responders Association.