The CDC Blast Injury app supports pre-hospital and hospital healthcare providers and public health professionals in preparing for and responding to terrorist bombings and other mass casualty explosive events.
Healthcare providers and public health professionals can use the application to:
- Quickly review critical steps to take from the moment an event happens.
- Learn blast injury patterns and treatment considerations.
- Scan information efficiently with minimal effort on the way to or at a scene and grasp clinical guidance to support key job functions.
- Access medical surge capacity guidance including information on facilitating health systems emergency communication.
- Find special populations treatment considerations (e.g., women who are pregnant, children)
- Link to the full breadth of CDC’s resources on blast injuries and mass casualty explosive events.
The CDC Blast Injury app for iPhone or iPad is available for free on iTunes