Every year the NWS’ Hurricane Preparedness Week helps families get prepared and be ready for hurricane season.
The Pacific hurricane season starts May 15, and the Atlantic season (for now) starts June 1 although they are considering moving it up to mid-May as well someday.
During HPW we encourage you, your loved ones and communities in both Atlantic and Pacific hurricane-prone areas (and areas hundreds of miles inland that also get storms and flooding) learn how to…
- determine your personal hurricane risk;
- find out if you live in a hurricane evacuation zone;
- review/update insurance policies;
- make a list of items to replenish hurricane emergency supplies;
- and start thinking about how you will prepare your home for the coming hurricane season.
Download and share a free 67-page PDF portion of our It’s A Disaster! book with tips on how to make a family plan and various kits, prepare for and respond to hurricanes, floods, evacuations and more at fedhealth.net.
And find and share some Hurricane Preparedness Week tips and resources on USFRA.org